PVC Rubrails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevensibs

Vessel Name
Still Sibsie
Vessel Make
42' Bristol Trawler
Does anybody have any experience painting pvc? Specifically rubrails by Barbour Plastics? They provide quite a few deck/hull moldings and rubrails for the OEM boatbuilders and I was wondering how paint adheres to the stuff. I want to use this product and I want to prime and paint with Awlgrip 2 part P/U. I know for sure that there is a latex that is formulated for pvc house trim, but I don't want to do that...

Does anybody have any experience painting pvc? Specifically rubrails by Barbour Plastics? They provide quite a few deck/hull moldings and rubrails for the OEM boatbuilders and I was wondering how paint adheres to the stuff. I want to use this product and I want to prime and paint with Awlgrip 2 part P/U. I know for sure that there is a latex that is formulated for pvc house trim, but I don't want to do that...
Why don't you call them and see if they can supply the rub rail in the color you want?

A rub rail, by nature, is going to get rubbed and this will take the paint off. The beauty of PVC is that the color goes all the way through, it's not just on the surface.

Back
Top Bottom