Old 11-14-2014, 06:59 PM   #21
Guru

City: Thibodaux, Louisiana
Vessel Name: Gumbo
Vessel Model: 2003 Monk 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasalt007 View Post
I have one like Steve's and got it when they were called DryAire by the Air Products Co. I think they became Arrow Pneumatics later. I am not sure that they are still in business but I would like to know. The Dry Pal by Mermaid looks to be exactly the same deal in a different case. I bought mine in 1996 and paid $325.00. As I type this it is running on my current boat here in Southwest Florida. Here it is needed more in the summer than the winter. I first acquired it when living aboard in Galveston. The warm humid air inside the boat would condense to the point of almost raining when a cold front came through the area.

As far as I am concerned whatever the cost of a new one would be today, I would gladly spend the money again.
I was on the boat today this is the info of off the tag:
Arrow Pneumatics
2111W. 21st st.
Broeaview, IL 60155
Ph. 708 343-9595
Mine was bought in 2005 so don't know if this has changed, good luck.
I might get a couple of the small Eva Dry units to use on the boat and bring this one to my fishing camp where one is needed!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #22
Veteran Member

City: Vancouver, British Columbia
Great feedback to my original posting, thanks to all of you guys. The one thing I am not sure about, is placing the power humidifiers high in the galley sink in order to drain. I would have thought the best place would be in the lowest part of the cabin or the space you want to keep as dry as possible, since the moist air is more likely to be in lower parts of the boat.. I intend on keeping mine in the v-berth area with the hose drain to the shower tub so it does not stop working when the water catch canister fills up. That is usually the coolest and i assume most humid place on the boat, while the main cabin and the galley (in my case) are higher up above the engine space and seem to be warmer and hence drier.
Brico is offline   Reply With Quote