owners manual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeff murphy

Does anyone have information as to where I can buy a owners manual for my 1977 Marine Trader Trawler?
Thanks Jeff

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Given the vessel is 37 years old, I would be pleasantly surprised if anything, save VERY basic information, would be relevant if, in fact, a manual even exists.

Does anyone have information as to where I can buy a owners manual for my 1977 Marine Trader Trawler?
Thanks Jeff

Jeff - If, like many Marine Traders, you have a Lehman Diesel, you can start by contacting Brian at American Diesel. They will have the engine manual.

http://www.americandieselcorp.com/

For the boat, I would just buy some coveralls at Walmart and crawl around taking pictures of every nook and cranny.

Thanks Jeff

My own experience with both buying and selling older boats (I've done both) is that every previous owner does modifications. I know I did, because I like to tinker. So although the manual can give a general picture, there may be all sorts of things which can only be figured out by eyeballing them. This is most especially true of wiring, but also extends to a lot of other things.

John

Is there such a thing as an owners manual for most production vessels ?

There will be manuals for systems installed on board!

But a manual like a car or engine manual ?

As I understand it (and I may be wrong) there is an owners manual for at least some boats. Sea Ray, for example.

John

It is a recommended guideline from ABYC T-24 (first edition in 1992) to have an owners manual for the boat. Newer boats and higher quality boats will typically have them.

I've been writing one for my boat, mainly for piece of mind if I loan, swap, or charter my boat in the future. Well, actually, because I am a tech manual geek, and it is fun to write.

Yes, in later years probably many manufacturers have supplied owner's manuals, along with the various manuals for individual systems...

For Jeff: Believe there's a Marine Trader owners group out there... and if there was a manual, somebody there probably knows it. If there was not a manual (more likely, in '77) the combination of somebodies there will know everything there is to know... so you can ask away.

-Chris

34' marine trader trawler

Hi, does anyone know where I can find any specs on my marine trader? I need to know the height of the boat so I can have it transported.
Thanks

Hi, does anyone know where I can find any specs on my marine trader? I need to know the height of the boat so I can have it transported.
Thanks

On Yahoo there's a CHB owners forum (CHB, Marine Trader, Hershine, Sea Chief are all the exact same boat). You'll find a wealth of information there.

On your 34' MT the flybridge can be removed for transport. Make sure the person doing this has done it before!! When mine was transported years ago the installer filled all the drainage channels with caulk, causing all kinds of problems down the road later.

As I understand it (and I may be wrong) there is an owners manual for at least some boats. Sea Ray, for example.

John

This is true. My Carver's owner's manual is surprisingly thorough and detailed. One of the advantages of owning a boat of this type. I had a Mainship that had a manual as well. It was really more of a "Lawyer's manual" basically deflecting liability....pretty much worthless. And it was a newer boat than my Carver.

Thanks

This is not something you want to trust to published specs. I've seen a few horror stories resulting from believing the literature. Measure it yourself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom