nida-core

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lipets

Vessel Make
Benneteau Swift 42
how are pieces joined edge to edge?

put thicken epoxy on each edge?

Or just overlay glass

"Or just overlay glass"

Building something like a new cabin top or fly bridge roof the glass is usually thick enough to not bother. Not joining makes camber easier to have fair.

I spoke to Reed at boat builder central today,
Done many similar builds

He said to make thicken epoxy and butter the edges, hold in place and overlay glass.

I will also follow up Teal

I spoke to Reed at boat builder central today,
Done many similar builds

He said to make thicken epoxy and butter the edges, hold in place and overlay glass.

I will also follow up Teal

:thumb:

Purchasing Nida-core

Hi all,
Does anyone know if there is a location on the west coast that sells Nida-core? Only ones that I can find online are located on the east coast and shipping for four 4x7 sheets totaling $246.00 and weighing 8lbs is over $300.00 from Florida.

Thanks,
Stan

Just google fiberglass suppliers, Portland.
Depending upon where you are in Portland I'll venture there is a fiberglass specialty house in your city., likely more than one. Phone them and at least ask. Maybe if not Nida-cor they have a competitive product.

I did, there are several..

Last edited:
Thx C-lectric but I’ve tried that. Several suppliers in our area but no one has anything other than foam of some concoction. Fisheries carries Coosa Board but want $170 to deliver it plus it’s three times the cost of N-C. With all of the boats in the PNW, it’s just hard to imagine that no one seems to carry Nida-Core. I’ll keep looking or buck-up and pay the price.

When I join sheet coring to make a long continuous piece, I scarf the edges and use thickened epoxy. Prevents hard spots

If I were to do that today, I'd use System Three Gel Magic adhesive.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Does anyone know if there is a location on the west coast that sells Nida-core? Only ones that I can find online are located on the east coast and shipping for four 4x7 sheets totaling $246.00 and weighing 8lbs is over $300.00 from Florida.

Thanks,
Stan

Fisher's

Shipping most anything large it is always good to check if you can pick up the item at the local distribution point. This saves one truck ride to your door.

In Calif going to Nevada can save bigger bucks as the last delivery , in a Cal certified delivery truck is expensive.

Get shipping rates to nearest terminal NOT your home home

Back
Top Bottom