* In the beginning it was replace the rotten fuel tanks in my 1977 Marine Trader sedan.
They are made of plain old carbon steel and due to leaks in the deck had rusted through on the tops. A reciprocating saw and the Lord looking out for children and old fools I managed to get them out in many pieces without cutting any holes in the hull.
But first the engine had to come out, which leads to this post.
** The bilge was full of finger pokers, everytime I tried to clean under the engine I came away with holes in my fingers, even leather gloves weren't*immune to the little*hypodermic needles hiding there.
After much grinding, sanding and cleaning I applied several coats of white tinted epoxy for a nice smooth finish.
** Then original engine room had a mass of wires hanging on the forward bulkhead, along the starboard side as well as nasty bilge hoses, batteries and wiring all over the floors.
*With the installation of the new tanks being small than the originals I had extra space available. I moved all of the "stuff" behind sliding doors made of white pegboard. This came out much better tha I had though it would. The wiring was put in conduit and the battery cables for the engine, gen. bow thruster and winch or is that wench, no she's gone shopping.
** There is still much to do as the list grows longer, as you well know, while I am doing this that would be nice to do and what about that over there and then, well you understand.
* Some of you will notice things that I could do better or perhaps I missed some , chime in and I'll add them to the list.