Need Hardware for a mast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dom61

Vessel Name
Brandi Jo
Vessel Make
1975 Marine Trader 34
I need hardware for my mast on a 1975 34 Marine Trader I just got the boat the other owner had striped the mast and I never recived the hardware any ideas

Attachments

• new boat 036.jpg
    new boat 036.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 99
I think the ropelight palm tree is plenty.
biggrin.gif

-- Edited by GonzoF1 on Thursday 26th of August 2010 09:06:28 PM

That thing is gone it was the previous owners and was the first thing that went

I removed the mast from my Sundowner 30 with no plans to replace.
I have everything. Bronze deck plate and mast base (hinged). Bronze mast bracket for stays. SS chain plates and stays. Plus the mast.
I have no idea how to price and know shipping would be high.
Thoughts?

Too bad about the ropelight palm tree. I would have taken it on trade.....
biggrin.gif

So what do you mean by mast hardware, boom, spreaders, pulley, lights?

Last spring I had anew aluminum mast and boom made at a local weld shop.*

I have the wooden mast with nothing else

I have the mount on the boat but not the mate on the bottom of the mast I could have one made but have no idea what it looked like. I do not think they will sell this part at the marine store?

Do you have any pictures of the mast

IS the mast is to look pretty and hold rope lights , or to use to hoist a 13Ft Boston Whaler aboard?

There will be a BIG difference in the hardware.

The mast is to be used for lifting and mounting nav equiment ect.

Dom:

Here is what I did: My C&L 44 came with a puny mast mounted on the upper deck, with stays that interfered with accessing the upper deck safely. The first time I used it for lifting, I lifted a Sabot hull, under 50 lb. and the cast aluminum base broke, causing all to come crashing down.
First I had a proper tabernacle base fabbed of Stainless. Then, when I changed up from the Sabot to a laser, 150 lb., I relocated the mast to the lower deck, so that I could do away with the stays and support the mast at the upper deck, raised the height of the masthead by a few feet, lengthened the boom so that it would extend far enough over the side to actually pick up the laser. The new mast is made of aluminum pipe, cheap stuff that is readily available, and has the spreaders from the original mast welded on up high, lights, anchor light, radar, steaming light, flag halyards, and most important, no stays to interfere with access to the upper deck. I have noted some minor bending when lifting the laser, so I sometimes put a safety line from the spreader bases to the rail opposite the load, but this comes off right away after the lift. I have to lower the mast to enter my shelter, so I had a two legged support fabbed of 1.25" square aluminum, and I lower it using only a line to the radar support. That method works well for me, but is too heavy for my wife to attempt. Simple, effective, not overly expensive, and looks good too.

Next question is does the mast need to lower to get under bridges faster?

Back
Top Bottom