MS400 - Fuel Tanks Luthers Bristol RI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ssurabus

Veteran Member
Luther's welding in Bristol Rhode Island made replacement tanks for an MS400 back in 2017. It's a single tank with 144 gallon capacity and overall length of 114". Trying to find owner of the boat for which these tanks were made. Please contact me if you happen to be on the forum as I'd like to find out about the install. My initial measurements showed that I could not get this tank into the engine room so just looking for information on your install.

The capacity is basically correct. I'd expect that vessel to have 2 x 150gal. diesel tanks. You'd normally need to pull the engine to install it. 114" (9.5ft) sounds too long, even with the motor pulled.

Luther's welding in Bristol Rhode Island made replacement tanks for an MS400 back in 2017. It's a single tank with 144 gallon capacity and overall length of 114". Trying to find owner of the boat for which these tanks were made. Please contact me if you happen to be on the forum as I'd like to find out about the install. My initial measurements showed that I could not get this tank into the engine room so just looking for information on your install.

I don't believe it is the same boat, but I heard of a MS400 that had a fuel tank replaced by going through the side of the hull. Boat was in Solomons, MD and I believe it was performed in 2019 or 2020.

Yeah....It seemed obvious that it won't fit based on my initial measurements. I'll take a look again to double check now that I know someone ordered that tank. I was hoping the owner might be on the forum and could tell us/me how they did it.

Back
Top Bottom