Masterflush head install project
I bought a new Masterflush 5100 at the Seattle Boat Show to put in our forward head. It will match the one in our aft head and help keep the parts to a minimum that we will need to carry. I am also putting in a separate holding tank for this new head so there will be two separate systems in case one goes down. So far it has been quite the project. Tearing out the old raw water Jabsco electric was not a lot of fun, but it is done and the thru hull will be repurposed for the raw water wash down project in the near future..... The throne parquet flooring needed to be extended to accommodate the base of the Masterflush so I had to build a new piece of triangular shaped flooring to match the old throne flooring. Wow! Was this an education in making parquet flooring. I managed to get some GB flooring to recycle and stripped each little piece using a heat gun and scraper. Then I built the subfloor from a piece of vertical grain fir I salvaged from a school that was torn down. The fir piece was barely 8" wide for the new subfloor but had over 275 growth rings! Beautiful wood. Cut new teak for the frame and glued in all the little strips to match the original pattern. CPES'd all parts before gluing and then assembled it all. Today was the first coat of varnish, Epiphanes satin. Almost done with this part and then the install of everything begins.
1974 Grand Banks 36-427
Vashon Island, WA