Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
dwhatty's Avatar
City: Home Port: Buck's Harbor, Maine
Country: USA
Vessel Name: "Emily Anne"
Vessel Model: 2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,747
Looking for window trim

Want to replace some of the trim that inserts into/onto the tops of the sides of the channels of the sliding windows on the boat. It serves as a stop to keep the window from opening too far as well as being a cosmetic cover. Picture of a piece of it below (not great focus, sorry).

All-Right has something close to it in a Hehr screw cover but its not it.

I haven't been able to find a match yet, maybe partly because I am not sure of the correct name for what it is.

Anybody know what it is called and/or a source for it?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trim.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	11090  

dwhatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
Keith's Avatar
Vessel Name: Anastasia III
Vessel Model: Krogen 42
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,716
Try C.R. Laurence Co., Inc.. Technically, it's a profile extrusion (how it's made), but trim is a good description. You could also try some RV stores or glass stores in your area.

Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
JAT's Avatar
Country: US
Vessel Name: Just a Tinch
Vessel Model: Gulfstar 44 MC
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 595
One other to try: McMaster-Carr - Window Seals

Not that page specifically....
JAT is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012