Looking for Owners Manual for 2000 36 Heritage Sundeck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fullsail

Vessel Name
Brass Ring
Just purchased a 2000 36 foot Heritage Sundeck. I've been going through all the systems and I thought, gee, wouldn't be nice if this boat came with an owners manual that showed the layout of the fuel system, water system, holding tank, etc. Anybody out there have something like that for this boat?

Other things that I would like some help on:

1. The boat has a slight list to starboard. Seems the fuel system doesn't equalize between the tanks- just goes to the side that has more weight, and that is starboard because all the cabinetry, heads, and batteries are on that side. Put in 50 gallons on port side and the starbord gauge and visual tube went up! Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

2. Holding tank gauge doesn't appear to work - pumped out the holding tank - not sure if I got it all - took an awful long time and and the gaugle still shows full. Could there be a vent that is blocked? Thanks

Just purchased a 2000 36 foot Heritage Sundeck. I've been going through all the systems and I thought, gee, wouldn't be nice if this boat came with an owners manual that showed the layout of the fuel system, water system, holding tank, etc. Anybody out there have something like that for this boat?

Other things that I would like some help on:

1. The boat has a slight list to starboard. Seems the fuel system doesn't equalize between the tanks- just goes to the side that has more weight, and that is starboard because all the cabinetry, heads, and batteries are on that side. Put in 50 gallons on port side and the starbord gauge and visual tube went up! Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

2. Holding tank gauge doesn't appear to work - pumped out the holding tank - not sure if I got it all - took an awful long time and and the gaugle still shows full. Could there be a vent that is blocked? Thanks

Owner's manuals for large boats are pretty rare because not many of each model are made and there are often changes between one and the next. You might try contacting the boat's manufacturer and asking if a manual is available.

1. The best cure for a list is to move some weight to the high side. You'll just have to look at your boat and see what can be moved. Batteries are often a possibility. Heavy stored items like extra anchors and props can usually be moved to the high side.

2. There are several different types of holding tank gauges. Most don't work after a while, especially if the sender is submerged in sewage. My gaude reads through the plastic tank walls to three capacitive sensors. Well, it does if I clean the inside of the tank. After the tank has been filled a couple times, there is enough "crap" stuck to the tank walls that the gauge reads full all the time.

It's certainly possible that the vent is blocked and if there is a filter in the vent line, it's possible that the filter is blocked. Many people feel that a vent line filter causes more problems than it solves and recommend removing it and replacing it woth plain hose. I am one of those people.

I own an 88 Nova 36 sundeck that may be similar. On mine there are two valves on the front bottom of the fuel tanks that allow fuel to transfer between tanks. If left open the fuel will start to go to one side, cause the boat to list and the fuel keeps going. I never leave mine open unless actually trying to transfer. My boat also list to starboard, I keep about 4" more fuel in the port tank and it sits level. I also noticed a considerable ammount of concrete poured between the port stringrers beneath the settee floor to help compensate for the steering sta, the gally and the aft cabin head all being on the starboard side. I have had my boat for just over a year now and i think i have looked at everyting on the baot and uinderstand 99% of it. Let me know if you have any more questions, perhaps i can shed some light on things.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom