Looking for door hardware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DavMar

Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
CHB trawler
I have a 1978 C&L Trawler in the Seattle, Wa area. I'm looking for a link or vendor where I can get new sliding door inserts and rollers. I have a sliding door on both sides of the boat, when I pull the doors off, on the bottom of the door are rollers that run along a rail. The rollers are worn out and I can't find a place that sell them. Any help would be great.

Dave

Have a plastics or machine shop make you new ones. Of course you could buy a 3D printer at Home Depot and make your own. :D

Your rollers were either made by of for the boat mfgr. and the Taiwan makers long gone.

Usually the rollers, if you wish to continue with them, have to be made for/by you. I've done that for a few people but no more.

Often people just use a strip of UHMW polyethylene screwed to the door bottom. It works well, sometime almost slipperier than wanted. The UHMW is inexpensive and is commonly available from plastics suppliers. If you can get black do so as the pigment protects it from the sunlight. The supplier should be able to cut it for you or do it yourself if you have a table saw and basic woodworking tools.

Try MMI in Costa Mesa. They have and can get a lot of the Asian parts used in many of our boats.

Back
Top Bottom