Like my new floor ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AussieCraig

Vessel Name
The Salty Swallow - named by wife
Vessel Make
Private builder - 50' Trawler
Installed new flooring the other day, went from carpet to vinyl 'boards'...what do you think ? Before and after pics...

Attachments

• Old floor.jpg
    Old floor.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 234
  • New floor.jpg
    New floor.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 243
Love the way it looks!

Thankyou Gents, its alled 'African dark wood'...

Pretty. But to dark and busy for me.

If you look at the before picture the room looks brighter and a bit larger with the light subfloor.

But that's just me.

I like what you did by removing the dinette and opening it up a bit. You might have lost a little storage, but you've gained maneuvering space and flexible seating. Is that a drop leaf table?

Looks great!!

Dude...is that your pink hat in photo #1? Just wondering...

Not to defeat the purpose, but a hall runner type carpet on exposed parquet flooring works for us. Saves wear on the main walk through track finish, nice underfoot in the galley, can look good without losing the timber effect

A little dark for my taste, but, the admiral says I have no taste.

You have good taste. We put the exact same floor in our trawler. It has been down for 2 1/2 years now and we still love it.

Dude...is that your pink hat in photo #1? Just wondering...
No mate, belongs to the lady of the 'house' lol... I do look good in pink though so I am told lol

So that is a "Pergo" style floating floor?
I like it.

Yes it is a floating floor, cost around 600 to do the whole boat, water 'proof' good feel underfoot and makes a good sound barrier for engine noise too ... If it lasts as it's said to I will be very happy indeed !

No mate, belongs to the lady of the 'house' lol... I do look good in pink though so I am told lol

What a relief! I had a mental image of you skipping down the dock with your tatoos and pink cowboy hat :rofl:

Great look! I like it! Have you been able to cut hatch access yet?

I cut the floor to fit the hatches as I went...neat as I could anyways....

I glued it to the hatches and left a little hanging over the edges and then used a router. They came out perfect.

It's a little freaky. Give me time to adjust. :hello:

While attending a graduation function yesterday, coming out of the auditorium the floor was covered with close nap carpet with a wood grain pattern that appeared perfect for a boat application. Has any, reviewing this thread had opportunity to come across such a rug cover and would there be a idea where one could look? I tried Google on a chance and nothing appeared close.
Thanks,
Al-Ketchikan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom