Leaking aft sliding window - Prairie 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chug

Vessel Name
Chug 29' Prairie for Sale
Vessel Make
1981 Prairie Trawler
Everytime it rains my aft sliding window leaks.* We cut a hole in the flybridge wall and found a lot of dirt etc inside and cleaned it out.* That seemed to make the water leak worse.* We noticed the port side of the boat had 1/2" holes drilled in the eve to let the water excape.* So we drilled some on the leaking side but didn't resolve the problem.* I have dish pans catching the water which runs down from the bottom of the window on the inside and down the inside of the wall.*

I covered the window frame to make sure it isn't leaking through the window.* Next I'm going to caulk around the window frame.* I don't think that will help.*

Anyone have this problem?* other windows are fine.* Just the one.

Chug

Are the weep holes or slits on the slider track portion of the frame clean? On mine (aluminum frame windows) crud can build up or grow in them pluging the slots and making the water overflow into the cabin wall.
Steve W.

Chug, I have a Praire 29,Hull # 6. Just completed the installation of new windows. The builder did not do a good job of installation. Window openings are bigger then needed to be and poorly cut out. They may need to be done,?

Which window, port stern?

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom