infrared thermometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Picked up a couple of infrared thermometers today at Harbor Freight. *They were on a mail out flyer for $26.99, and they honored the price.

Ah Ha!* A two-gun shooter.

Love mine, just not sure what to do with it!

Baggiolini wrote:
I use mine to periodically check for hot spots on the electrical panel.* I've also used it to check the accuracy of the thermostat on the oven, and to help set the temperature of the fridge.

The one I've have at home has been used to check that the griddle that fits over the gas burners on the stove is up to temp, and to check for uneven exhaust temps on the exhaust manifold of an older car.

Useful, cheap tool.

Baggiolini wrote:
*If you don't feel well, shoot your tongue, and take your temperature.

I shoot my wife but she is fed up with it!

Baggiolini wrote:
I shoot my wife but she is fed up with it!
*Is she really hot?

I've had them for years. When I had a trailered boat, I used them to check the brakes and bearings on the trailer.

They are good for checking the accuracy of your engine's temperature gauges and they can tell you if your heat exchangers are working properly. On a V6 or V8 engine, they can help diagnose blockages.

As mentioned above, shooting the temperature of electrical connections, and especially the shore power connections is another use.

Old Stone wrote:
Now that I think about it, I assume most conversations about thermometers will end up getting someone in trouble sooner or later !!!!!

How can you tell the difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer?

By the taste!*
biggrin.gif

The little red dot drives my dog crazy she will chase it for hours .Or untill I get tired of making her run around.

SD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom