Hypalon dink leak quick fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meridian

Guru
Vessel Name
Meridian
Vessel Make
Krogen-42
My 10+ year old dink has a tube that had been loosing air at an accelerating rate. I found a seam that was the culprit. I let the air out and squeezed in some Super Glue. Problem solved for over six months.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

:thumb: I don't know about seams but I've used super glue successfully several times on pin hole leaks. It also works good on inflateable floors for a quick fix.

I don't think superglue will help this dingy...:facepalm:

This belongs to one of our Marina neighbor's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 83
I have tried to eek out a bit more life out of an old inflatable by purposefully putting a hole in it. Then I pumped in a quart of Slime and patched the hole. It worked like a charm.

Cheers

I have tried to eek out a bit more life out of an old inflatable by purposefully putting a hole in it. Then I pumped in a quart of Slime and patched the hole. It worked like a charm.

Cheers

Rather than cut a hole and patch it. You can unscrew the guts of the valve and take the valve out. Insert the seam seal or slime product and then reinstall the valve. That is how the repair shops do it.

I did the WM slime through the valve opening, turned it end over end and rolled it till I was exhausted (probably 15 minutes). Other than the strings hanging out, 2 years and doing good.

Thanks. I didn't know you could disassemble the valve.

I did the WM slime through the valve opening, turned it end over end and rolled it till I was exhausted (probably 15 minutes). Other than the strings hanging out, 2 years and doing good.

I did the same thing on 30 year old Achilles off Craigslist. Hasn't needed air for six months now. I'm impressed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom