A Hull of a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldenstar38

Vessel Make
Goldenstar sportfisher
This may win the stupidest question of the year award, but here goes.
If I crawl down into my fiberglass boats aft section (under my boats cockpit) for service, (water tanks, fuel tank, etc) are there any precautions with regards to stepping on the hulls bottom? I do have about 3.5 feet headroom there.
I understand watching for sharp objects, banging my head, etc and will even bring my cell phone just in case I get stuck, but any other real dangers?
Thank you.

You will not damage the hull. If you do your boat was gonna sink anyway. Just watch out for stepping on wires or through hull fittings.

Greetings,
Don't wear your track cleats...

th

Last edited:
Much more common on older wood boats.

When your down below, IF you can see the Sun shine thru the overhead procede with caution. This is known as "the clorox bottle" method of construction. :eek:

I really saw no issue, but at this time of year it gets slow (as I work from home aboard my boat) I often think too much! I have worked in the engine room many times with no problem and if you tap the hull bottom, it sounds like it is steel so never suspected any issues.

I need to reroute a hydraulic steering hose, and wanted to service/clean the diesel fuel tank as I have waited to nearly run it out of fuel before cleaning the tank and replacing the primary and secondary fuel filters, etc.

Now, just more to worry about!

Thank you for the replies!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom