How many bilge pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Note the tables, it is RPM dependent. Maybe not suitable for a trawler idling but it is interesting especially for a go fast.

I saw that Tom, but figured I'd be revved pretty good towards shore if I was taking on water. At 1800 rpm, I would get only about 486 rpm through the gear so it might not add much to Delfin's safety, but for those vessels with different gears, maybe.

Might it also be possible to mount it off a front PTO?

You do have to have clearance (both width, and height) around the drive shaft and some boats are tight down there, especially single engined boats since the hull tends to V down at the skeg where the shaft log goes through.

I wouldn't mind one with a belt drive that could be mounted low on the engine and running all the time. That way it would work regardless of shaft spinning or not.

If you have hydraulics on your boat, they have a big pump that would do the job via hydraulic connections. This would let you put the pump lower in the hull and have a big line plumbed overboard for dewatering. That way you could put it where you want it, and not crowd the engine or drive shaft. still has the same pump design and can run dry with no problems. You wouldn't want to leave it running unless it was needed simply due to the consumption of hydraulic pressure.

Fast Flow Pumps - 3" Aluminum Pump

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom