How do you store boats at docks harbours?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hw9513

I'm new to this trawler thing and everything is so fascinating!
One of my main concerns is, say I bought a trawler boat and can't store it in the street how would I store it say somewhere like southeast uk like Hastings
Would I call Hastings council up and ask if there's a boat storage centre? And ask for annual price? And how would I launch? Will they offer help?

Thanks

Hw, most people on here aren't well versed in how things work in the UK. In the US, we just put our boats in marinas. Do you have marinas over there? I know y'all have boats...;). I guess you are just gong to have to ask around. It should be a fun discovery!!!

Welcome aboard Hw!

A lot depends on size boat you desire. Boats called "Trawlers" here are generally way too large for trailer behind a truck on the road. I recommend you locate a marina that has berthing in water available... preferably with a cover (roof of some sort) overhead. If you can keep the boat in fresh water, at least during its many days of staying at dock, is best. Cover to protect from sun and weather conditions and fresh water docking usually work well to help limit deterioration on all portions of most boats.

Ask any questions, keep us up to date, and GOOD LUCK!

BTW – To quickly get a bunch of boating knowledge use this forum’s “Search” feature (at page top). Goobbbs of info available from years of threads and posts.

Happy Boating Daze! - Art :speed boat:

Thanks for all the great answers we have marinas here in uk:)
I've done more research it seems uk fishing life is not
Worth the hassle with all these quotas limiting us
It would cost more to go fishing then how much ur catch would sell for
;(

Don't feel bad, Red snapper season opens June 1st. It's only open for about two weeks and you can only keep 2 snapper per person. Hardly worth the gas to go 60 miles to catch them.
img_159845_0_62ff60103142acc56877ea1cb43840ca.jpg

Back
Top Bottom