Help! Plumbing and wiring re-route

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you haven't done so yet then use a small mirror and flashlight to get a look see under the area you are considering cutting a new hatch.

SOme cell phones do a wonderfull job of photos in tight places.

A friend was using his new Samsung for that and it was amazing where it could be gotten in to. To boot all he had to do was talk to it saying "SHOOT". Split second later you would hear the 'click' and the photo was taken.

But try to get a view for obstructions or if you can enlarge it a bit. Another inch could make a world of difference.

I know this is likely too late but we been out on the boat too much.[????]

C lectric, that is exactly what I did. I also bought in inspection scope from harbor freight ($75) to get a better look inside but the camera works better where you can reach.

I really don't want to cut a hole in my boat. I've looked all over in there, removed about 100' of wire from the 'lectra-san systems and disconected one of the pumps. I have a better view, located the hose to the holding tank fittings and can see where the hoses go to the toilets and showers but still can't reach everything. Today I figured out how to connect everything and change the shower drains from dumping in the bilge... If I could get to them. I also measured hight from the water make sure everything would drain without a pump. Maybe. One of the pumps in the bilge was for draining the tub, it's about an inch above water level.

Bottom line is I can connect the new toilets and feed water lines through the hole I have and, with colorful language, connect to the holding tank. I can't get to the tub drain, the shower drain or the water tank hoses. I have everything laid out and the saw on board but am looking for a reason not to do it.

Back
Top Bottom