On the hard.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
M.V. LOTTIE
Vessel Make
Lien Hwa/Pilothouse LRC
Fortunately this is only for another 3 weeks and 4 days until she splashes! Program is for new bottom paint, and new down sounder, and a few other electronic toys....possibly.....

What are your plans, and are you counting the days until splash down?

Attachments

• image-915753308.jpg
    image-915753308.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 118
are you counting the days until splash down?

Would like to, but can't count that high right now. Brain and everything around me is frozen. Somewhere around 5 months from now. :cry:

Hopefully in two days we'll be back in the water so she can come home for the first time.

Attachments

• image-2150314385.jpg
    image-2150314385.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 131
Awesome! Two days! Enjoy!

Awesome! Two days! Enjoy!

Yes, it's a good feeling when they are ready to go back in - recently been there ...done that…still time to put on Prop-speed if you haven't already. I'll swear by it now…

Attachments

• Image 5.jpg
    Image 5.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Image 7.jpg
    Image 7.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 118
I assume that hole in the rudder is for pulling the shaft.

If the rudder is metal a domed round zinc (US made not Chinese crap) could cover the hole to your advantage.

I assume that hole in the rudder is for pulling the shaft.

If the rudder is metal a domed round zinc (US made not Chinese crap) could cover the hole to your advantage.

The rudder works fine the way it is FF. I've had her surfing at over 11 kn on good following seas without any hint of broaching, so doubt blocking the hole would be noticed. Yes it is for pulling the shaft, and came in handy when we replaced the prop shaft some years ago.

Yes, it's a good feeling when they are ready to go back in - recently been there ...done that…still time to put on Prop-speed if you haven't already. I'll swear by it now…

I don't know about prop speed, the last time I used it, I had less than ideal results, and the yard that I used was supposed to have been experienced. My Ex-father in law just used the zinc spray paint and had much better results two slips down from me.

Last boat was a Pacific Trawler 40, "Mates", sold it a couple of years ago, so have they changed the formula, or eased the application criteria?

Back
Top Bottom