Hanging photos in cabin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
Hey Guys,

Anyone have a rec as to what to use to hang framed pics in the cabin? I tried using the 3M command stuff, which worked great in our old boat, but they keep falling down. Maybe the heat or possibly some sort of oil/treatment on the cabin walls.

Walls are cherry, either a very flat varnish or oiled, it is tough to tell. I don't want to put any nail or screw holes in them.

Thanks.
Doug

Hi Doug,

I've had good luck with the heavy duty velcro tape found at most home improvement stores. A long piece across the top and one across the bottom seem to hold a lot of weight. Even my 24" Navigation Monitor in rough seas.

YMMV,

Hi Doug,

I've had good luck with the heavy duty velcro tape found at most home improvement stores. A long piece across the top and one across the bottom seem to hold a lot of weight. Even my 24" Navigation Monitor in rough seas.

YMMV,

I've had great success with the heavy duty Velcro as well. I only have framed things, a decorative plate and a cutting board hung up with it, no electronics. :).

Is that HD Velcro the clear stuff? I've used it for other stuff, I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

HOT GLUE....... I hang my art with my hot glue gun. I think my hot air gun will get them down. Have not tried that yet.

Ill vote for that heavy duty dual lock velcro shown by Pau Hauna. It clicks in place and even stuck on my oiled bulkheads.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom