Go Back   Trawler Forum > Maintenance and Systems > General Maintenance

Old 05-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #21
City: Seattle
Vessel Name: Moon River
Vessel Model: Devlin 48
Stop messing with knifes and sticks use a glass suction cup it will give all the leverage you need and no damage. Once open clean tracks as sug. above. Some times its settling of structure itself that causes problem. If the problem persists keep a good glass suction cup on board as I had to do on one of my previous boats.

eyschulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #22
City: Slicker?
Suction cup? Harbor freight... Search results for: 'suction cup'

RT Firefly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #23
City: Maryland
Vessel Model: 42' Sportfish
Originally Posted by bligh View Post

I am considering replacing the forward center pilothouse window with some sort of opening window to increase air flow through the cabin. I have seen opening ones on fishing boats and other larger vessels and they seem to hold up well. Does anyone have experience replacing thir windows? It looks like the hardest part would be getting the old windows out. Are NT windows a stock size or are they custom made? I wonder how much they cost?

One of our owners club members replaced the forward center section of his sportfish (our sistership) with a custom opening version fabricated by Waterways Systems in Florida. ("Chuck" was his Waterways contact.)

Our member made the design templates, and he had a local glass guy remove the original glass and frame and then install the new frame and glass.

The pics look very good. (Sorry, I have no way to attach, here.) Our guy said it was about $2K. It should greatly improve air flow in our particular configuration... but he doesn't yet know for absolute sure whether it'll be completely waterproof if he takes green water over the bow... so I'm holding off

South River, Chesapeake Bay
ranger42c is online now   Reply With Quote