Forward hatches made of wood
A sharing moment. I had a leak on 3 forward hatches on my MT40 depending on severity of rain. I noticed that PO had aggressively caulked. Before adding even more caulk, I noticed that these wooden hatches closed on simple butt joints. The downpour water was simply making a right turn to ingress the interior. Quite differently than modern aluminum hatches that have built-in tracks to channel water away.
My not so bright solution was to go to my buddy the tinsmith and had him make me a 40ft run of anodized colored aluminum with a 90 bend per my measurements such that it directs water down and out onto the deck instead of into the cabin. Cut to length on site, and installed on the bottom frame of the hatch,
My leaky teaky has been dry since.
This is very available at any tinsmith roofing places. Very cheap, and once installed virtually invisible I used a brown standard color. Just make sure to use the thinnest gauge, so the window closing action is not overly disturbed.