Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-27-2018, 08:45 PM   #1
Guru
 
Tom.B's Avatar
 
City: Cary, NC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,652
Favorite Boat Soap?

So what are yallís pick for best/favorite boat soap? We just ran put of the pink WM stuff... it kinda sucks. We are using Bar Keeperís Friend for non-skid areas now and it is working better than the Magic Erasers. Donít worry, we are currently wax-free. Not by choice. I have been removing the old PolyGlow and still need to buff and wax this season. But for now, we still need a good soap for the rest of the boat.

Discuss.

Thanks!
__________________
Advertisement

__________________
2000 Navigator 4200 Classic
(NOT a trawler)
Tom.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:55 PM   #2
Guru
 
Lou_tribal's Avatar
 
City: Quebec
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.B View Post
So what are yallís pick for best/favorite boat soap? We just ran put of the pink WM stuff... it kinda sucks. We are using Bar Keeperís Friend for non-skid areas now and it is working better than the Magic Erasers. Donít worry, we are currently wax-free. Not by choice. I have been removing the old PolyGlow and still need to buff and wax this season. But for now, we still need a good soap for the rest of the boat.

Discuss.

Thanks!
Spray Nine is like magic. Got some nasty brown tiny spot on the non skid deck when bought the lady. Tried everything to remove them (really everything) during the first year. Last year my dock neighbor told me that he was washing with spray nine, I tried it, a miracle!

L
__________________

Lou_tribal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:05 PM   #3
Guru
 
City: Sydney
Country: Australia
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.B View Post
So what are yallís pick for best/favorite boat soap? We just ran put of the pink WM stuff... it kinda sucks. We are using Bar Keeperís Friend for non-skid areas now and it is working better than the Magic Erasers. Donít worry, we are currently wax-free. Not by choice. I have been removing the old PolyGlow and still need to buff and wax this season. But for now, we still need a good soap for the rest of the boat.

Discuss.

Thanks!

Ammonia should remove PolyGlow as its just like floor polish
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:19 PM   #4
Guru
 
Tom.B's Avatar
 
City: Cary, NC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaston View Post
Ammonia should remove PolyGlow as its just like floor polish


I used floor stripper... worked fine-ish. Got 95% of it. Now I just need to compound, polish, and wax. But this isnít what we are here to talk about.
__________________
2000 Navigator 4200 Classic
(NOT a trawler)
Tom.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:20 PM   #5
Guru
 
Tom.B's Avatar
 
City: Cary, NC
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_tribal View Post
Spray Nine is like magic. Got some nasty brown tiny spot on the non skid deck when bought the lady. Tried everything to remove them (really everything) during the first year. Last year my dock neighbor told me that he was washing with spray nine, I tried it, a miracle!

L


When we wanted to remove soot last year...the WM guy said it was good too. But dang... itís kinda Ďspensive to use for regular washinz. Ainít it?
__________________
2000 Navigator 4200 Classic
(NOT a trawler)
Tom.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:27 PM   #6
Guru
 
Lou_tribal's Avatar
 
City: Quebec
Country: Canada
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.B View Post
When we wanted to remove soot last year...the WM guy said it was good too. But dang... itís kinda Ďspensive to use for regular washinz. Ainít it?
Well at something like 18$CA (15$US) a gallon I don't find it expensive if I compare to what was using the PO (awlwash at 26$CA a quart).

L
Lou_tribal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:45 PM   #7
Enigma
 
RT Firefly's Avatar
 
City: Slicker?
Country: Bumpkin?
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 12,458
https://www.jamestowndistributors.co...ct.do?pid=8132

You can get it with or w/o wax.
__________________
RTF
RT Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:14 PM   #8
Member
 
City: Bouvier Bay
Country: USA
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 13
Chemical Guys CWS_107 Extreme Body Wash and Synthetic Wax Car Wash Shampoo (1 Gal) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003U4P3U0..._0y-4Ab6X1WDSZ

This can typically be had for $15 per gallon. Keeps the boat shiney and clean
almightys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:54 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
mike66's Avatar
 
City: Warwick, RI
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Susan Helena
Vessel Model: Albin40
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
I've been happy with the wax version. Smells nice too. Spray nine for the tough stuff.
mike66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:40 AM   #10
Guru
 
siestakey's Avatar
 
City: Sarasota,FL/Thomasville,GA
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Steppin Stone IV
Vessel Model: Marine Trader Kelly Trawler 46
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,792
Send a message via Skype™ to siestakey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
This is our go to, we use spraynine for the tough stuff and dawn in the engine room
__________________
Alan
Skype roatan63
siestakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:00 PM   #11
TF Site Team
 
FlyWright's Avatar
 
City: California Delta and SF Bay
Country: Sacramento, CA, USA (boat in Vallejo)
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,146
What's boat soap?

I think shine is grossly overrated...and a WHOLE lot of work! I prefer patina because every mark tells a story. And I could tell some great stories!
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:27 PM   #12
Guru
 
dhays's Avatar
 
City: Gig Harbor
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 7,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
What's boat soap?

I think shine is grossly overrated...and a WHOLE lot of work! I prefer patina because every mark tells a story. And I could tell some great stories!


I'm with you Art. A clean boat is just a sign that someone has too much time on their hands.
__________________
Regards,

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 06:30 PM   #13
TF Site Team
 
FlyWright's Avatar
 
City: California Delta and SF Bay
Country: Sacramento, CA, USA (boat in Vallejo)
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post


I'm with you Art.
Who you callin' Art?

FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:17 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
JustBob's Avatar
 
City: Bainbridge Island
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Mahalo
Vessel Model: 2018 Hampton Endurance 658
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by almightys View Post
Chemical Guys CWS_107 Extreme Body Wash and Synthetic Wax Car Wash Shampoo (1 Gal) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003U4P3U0..._0y-4Ab6X1WDSZ

This can typically be had for $15 per gallon. Keeps the boat shiney and clean
Thanks for the tip about Chemical Guys! They have a marine line:

https://www.chemicalguys.com/Boat_Ma...d_RV_s/621.htm

Including a wash/wax supposed to be enviro-friendly. Their "foam cannon" looks pretty interesting too.
'
__________________
JustBob
www.mvmahalo.com
JustBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:36 PM   #15
Member
 
City: Kent island
Country: Usa
Vessel Name: Meandering Mermaid
Vessel Model: Mainship 400
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 17
I use smoove boat wash, it smells good and doesn’t take the wax off.
Thinback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:08 PM   #16
Guru
 
dhays's Avatar
 
City: Gig Harbor
Country: United States
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 7,951
I use Mermaid Boat Wash as it was recommended by the guy that did my wax job last year.
__________________
Regards,

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:33 PM   #17
Guru
 
BruceK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 9,676
The Admiral likes "Cussens Imperial Leather for Sensitive Skin".
__________________
BruceK
Island Gypsy 36 Europa "Doriana"
Sydney Australia
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:58 PM   #18
Guru
 
Simi 60's Avatar
 
City: Queensland
Country: Australia
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber trawler
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,031
Timber boats love salt water and hate fresh so no washing for our old girl.
Simi 60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:00 PM   #19
Guru
 
Simi 60's Avatar
 
City: Queensland
Country: Australia
Vessel Model: Milkraft 60 converted timber trawler
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post


I'm with you Art. A clean boat is just a sign that someone has too much time on their hands.
Absolutely.
Simi 60 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:22 PM   #20
Member
 
City: Bouvier Bay
Country: USA
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBob View Post
Thanks for the tip about Chemical Guys! They have a marine line:



https://www.chemicalguys.com/Boat_Ma...d_RV_s/621.htm



Including a wash/wax supposed to be enviro-friendly. Their "foam cannon" looks pretty interesting too.

'


I have the foam cannon which just uses a hose spray nozzle. Definitely makes cleaning boat quick
__________________

almightys is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012