Fabric Guard 303

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forkliftt

Guru
Vessel Name
KnotDoneYet
Vessel Make
1983 42' Present Sundeck
Hey Crew, I just received two spray bottles of 303 Patricia ordered for me to treat the Bimini over the flybridge. The directions say it needs to be cleaned before installation. I am hoping to take it loose in the front- then let it hang from the arch as I scrub/ rinse and then apply. Does this seem sufficient, or would I be better to remove it from the boat and put it somewhere flat for my cleaning??

It's used a lot for the dacron sail cloth on ultralight aircraft. I still have a gallon somewhere.

Just wash, dry and apply .... often.

Simple enough. Thanks Eric.

I just wash mine on the boat. Don't use any harsh soaps...I use Dreft or some other baby clothes soap flakes.

I wash mine in a large laundrymat washing machine using a little liquid laundry soap. Comes out looking like new. I run it thru several rinse cycles until there is no sign of soap suds in the water. It takes a lot of rinses. residual soap really aids leakage. Then I lay it flat in the yard to spray the 303. I do this to avoid overspray on the fiberglass. I don't know that it hurts but I don't want to find out it does. It is tenacious stuff, I don't think it would be easy to get off.

Sounds like you have a FG back yard.

Back
Top Bottom