Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-30-2016, 08:37 PM   #1
Veteran Member
 
City: chattanooga tn
Country: usa
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 40
exhaust hose temp sensors

thinking about putting in exhaust hose temperature sensors. Any recommendations on type/brand?
__________________
Advertisement

obenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 15,796
A seawater flow sensor may be more effective.

If you know you've got lots of cold seawater flowing in the system ....
__________________

__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:51 PM   #3
Guru
 
Comodave's Avatar
 
City: Au Gres, MI
Country: US
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 4,577
I have a Borel system that was very easy to install. It also has 2 high water alarms and 2 water in fuel sensors. Really like it.
Comodave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:01 AM   #4
Guru
 
djmarchand's Avatar
 
City: Litchfield, Ct/Punta Gorda, Fl
Country: USA
Vessel Model: Atlas Pompano 23
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,648
I too like the Borel exhaust temp sensors and alarm module.


High exhaust temp covers 99% of the potential raw water related overheating issues and I can't think of the other 1% but I threw it in just to be safe. It is entirely electronic, so it does not depend on a mechanical flow sensor like the Aqualarm that can foul and fail open.


The Borel alarm system is a simple signal to ground to alarm, so it can be used with any other sensor in parallel with Borel's exhaust hose band. For Cummins 6BTAs which have a fluky stock coolant water overheat sensor location, it can be used in conjunction with another coolant sensor mounted in a place that will be quicker to respond than the stock one.


I believe that Ski uses something similar, although home brewed I think on his Cummins.


David
djmarchand is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012