E15 Gasoline warning from AAA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This will be of interest to all you US folks and the Canadian snowbirds.

Warnings Not to Use

Well E-85 has been around for years and we don't use it. So I don't think this will get the play either. My M/B is capable of using E-85 but I have never used it in the car. Just can't bring myself to doing it.

Most stations, or should I say a lot of stations here in NC have non ethanol mid range gas available. Now in the good old American way they charge out the butt for it, more than High Test, but it is available. I tried a tank and I didn't see as much of an improvement in the mileage as the cost difference. Maybe I need to use it for several tanks to see what happens.

Vinny,
It looks like Union 76 stations here alcohol free but as you say .. expensive.

Vinny,
It looks like Union 76 stations here alcohol free but as you say .. expensive.

Here in NC we don't have Union 76 or at least that I know of. But we have a couple of stores that are like Wawas, private owned and some other private brands, God knows where their gas comes from, as well. We have BP, Shell, Exxon, Citco and one Sunoco on the way to my boat. I'm not to particular as to whose gas I use but as to the diesel we use in the VW we only get it from either Sam's or a name brand station. As I have said in another post problems at the pump with diesel can ruin a VW TDI and if that happens I want someone with deep pockets and insurance for my lawyer to talk to.

This will be of interest to all you US folks and the Canadian snowbirds.

Warnings Not to Use

The following link is receiving a great deal of attention from the collector car world as ethanol is death on some old car components. E10 is bad enough... a serious problem for vintage Jaguars for sure. U.S. car club members are mobilizing to contact their political reps to vote for bills to ban E15. There is an easy to use search device at the bottom of the SEMA link to find contact information for U.S. representatives and senators. Join the movement!

Legislation introduced in Congress to suspend sale of E15 gasoline | Hemmings Blog: Classic and collectible cars and parts

Last edited:
"It looks like Union 76 stations here alcohol free but as you say .. expensive.'

Not really expensive IF you factor in 10% to 15% better fuel mileage,

For gas boats or gas noisemakers , how expensive is NOT needing to repair / replace much of the fuel system?

YRMV

I only use ethanol free fuel in my Honda 45, its made 22 years without E-10 and I don't want to start now. The marinas here all carry mid-range E-Free fuel, usually a dollar or two above E-10. Last week I paid $5.15 a gallon.

Back
Top Bottom