Drip edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wwestman

Vessel Name
Excellent Adventure
Vessel Make
1995 Jefferson Ker Shine 45
My rear door gets water running down and hits the caulking which causes it to leak (eventually). What I am looking for (and unable to find yet) is some drip edge or molding that I can stick above where the frame is attached to the fiberglass and divert the water over and away from the horizontal caulked seam. I am looking for something plastic that I can use double stick tape or adhesive to attach so that I don't add to my problems by making more holes in the gel coat.

Attachments

• door1[1].jpg
    door1[1].jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 77
  • door2[1].jpg
    door2[1].jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 85
  • door3[1].jpg
    door3[1].jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 75
  • door4[1].jpg
    door4[1].jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 80
I was not laying down when I took the pictures and have no idea how to rotate them, sorry.

Horsetrailersccessorystore.com has a PVC drip edge trim that comes with double stick tape. I put some on the bottom side of my rub rail to stop the water from running down the hull side.

Google 3M adhesive drip rail. Lots to choose from with a wide variety of prices.

below is what I use over the saloon doors to keep water from dripping in that area. It is called J channel and is available in the vinyl siding dept of hardware stores or HD or Lowes. a few dollars for 8' I use doublesided outdoor scotch tape, I replace it every 2-3 years. Doesn't look great but works well.

Attachments

• J channel on gumbo #2.JPG
    J channel on gumbo #2.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom