Degreasing engine and bilge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
While out of the water and drying out I thought this might be a good time to degrease engine and bilge area . I was thinking about getting one of these with a 12" extension . Our local bearing supply has them on sale . Has anybody ever used one? With the extension it's about 47$ .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 73
I found 2 of thoughts things in chrome and gave them away
They were ok for solvents but pressurizing was a pain
I didn't think they made them any more

I just use a normal trigger sprayer on a bottled product it's easier .
When I do a clean of just the painted area I use Eco Orange a water based d limonene cleaner spray on and wipe off and if I have to rinse with water its okay .
There are lots of cleaners out there that will work.
If it is heavy dried out grease I use a brake cleaner like C Solve. both of these product are in a spray bottle and a lot easier to use than the pressurized canister

Oh yes! Mine came with 2 spray nozzles. I tend more toward pump spray bottles. If you use it with a water based cleaner, you may need to store it with a liquid to keep the tank and trigger valve from rusting. Mine is made of steel and chromed.

The tight stream nozzle would spray a pin stream of WD40 20+'. Ain't nothing better on a wasp nest.

Ted

Oh yes! Mine came with 2 spray nozzles. I tend more toward pump spray bottles. If you use it with a water based cleaner, you may need to store it with a liquid to keep the tank and trigger valve from rusting. Mine is made of steel and chromed.

The tight stream nozzle would spray a pin stream of WD40 20+'. Ain't nothing better on a wasp nest.

Ted
Ted, can you get enough pressure in it with a bicycle pump ? My air horn compressor is off the boat right now .

Ted, can you get enough pressure in it with a bicycle pump ? My air horn compressor is off the boat right now .

I forget the recommended pressure, but 120 psi...:thumb:

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom