Old 09-10-2016, 10:32 AM   #1
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
Vitrifrigo DP2600i refrigerator

Tried a couple searches including google....sorry if I missed it.

Looking at buying one....

Not sure if I can get it into my galley...unless the flanges come off somehow...

Any owners of this or similar model that know if the mounting flanges are integral or can be removed?

Thank you.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:51 AM   #2
Guru

Plan on calling Vitrifrigo on Monday, but this could get the ball rolling sooner.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:31 PM   #3
Guru

City: Niceville, FL
Vessel Name: At Last
Vessel Model: 1990 Jefferson 52 Marquessa
I have a similar unit. One with a side opening at the top and a fridge and freezer drawer below. On mine the flange was easily removed. Just screwed in. Looks very similar to the one you are looking at.
Rogerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
Guru

City: NARBONNE
Vessel Name: 'Snow Mouse.'
Vessel Model: BROOM FLYBRIDGE 42.
Just my 2 cents, I bought a Vitrifrigo larder fridge from Penguin Refrigeration.
Far superior to Isotherm or Waeco units I've owned in the past.
Just my experience.
I hope it helps.
Irish Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:21 PM   #5
Guru

Thanks guys...it's been a tough week chasing down issues with the engine and other tedious projects...just hope the fridge goes smooth aND was looking for posite news...

Although it does look like it is a 1/4 inch bigger than my old fridge cut out, so shaving trim and maybe raising the bottom of the pantry above it may be in order....

For a replacement and supposedly correctly sized item....why are alterations the norm rather than the exception?
Old 09-10-2016, 02:35 PM   #6

City: Northern Ontario
Vessel Name: Chickadee
Vessel Model: Pilgrim 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
For a replacement and supposedly correctly sized item....why are alterations the norm rather than the exception?
It's called a boat! ��

Seriously, everyone I know with a Vitrifrigo is very happy with it!
SlowGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #7
Guru

My installation went pretty good. I had to cut a vent in the side of the cabinet for the fridge to allow for better ventilation. Then the normal trim and adjust, and then my wife wanted some slide out drawers added to the area that was left by the more narrow fridge. I dreaded that idea and it really turned out well. The hookup was a breeze, just 12 volt and AC and that was it. The previous fridge was a house fridge. I am doing better than half of my power usage on the hook. Very pleased and my food is cold now, not cool like it was with the house unit. We sure like it and even though it was expensive the difference is huge.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:17 PM   #8
Guru

I am pretty well set on the fridge...as long as it fits down to the galley...even the fit into the cutout is less of a hassel.

The real kicker is the dang flange...another 1.5 inches of play keeps me from modifying significant trim along the steps down to the galley...as it is.... I know I have to remove a hand hold along the steps.

Part too may determine whether I load her up once back in the water or forklift it up when I am in the yard.....still toying with that.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:28 PM   #9
Guru

It was a tight fit down our steps to the galley. I hired a couple of the nearby marina guys to help. One was so strong he just lifted it up over the aft rail, I helped balance it as he jumped in and then he carried it through the door and by the time I got in he was half way down the steps. I was in disbelief but he did it. I figured I would have had all kinds of scratches on the teak inside but hardly a scratch. I think one and it was easy to get out. I removed the flange before he started the move. Best hundred bucks I ever spent...