Data Plate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Choices

Guru
Vessel Name
Choices
Vessel Make
36 Grand Banks Europa
Not sure about the other captains on here, but my boat came with a nifty binder with all kinds of data in it.

Problem is, when going through locks, checking bridge heights, marina spaces, or contacting the Coast Guard I had to send someone to go get it.

I had Bernard Engraving make me a pair of data plates that I will attach at each helm.
It has all the data I could ever need in front of me.

To make it a decent order I also bought new legends for my battery voltage displays.

About $ 15.00@

Data Plate.jpg

Great idea.

I have that information stuck in a few different places. I don’t have many bridges to deal with and those that are around are plenty tall. Air height is therefore not anything I have to be particularly worried about. Beam, LOA and Draft are easy to remember; 12’7”, 45’, and 4’6”.

I don’t recall how far down the depth transponder is but it doesn’t matter. When sitting in about 10’ of water over a flat sandy bottom, I used a lead line to check depth and then set my depth sounder’s offset to display water under the keel. I did create a label that I put on my depth sounder display that reads “Depth under Keel”. So no thinking involved. If it shows 6’ I know that I have 6’ feel of clearance. No math involved.

Here's one I made to keep at the helm.

Attachments

• MeasurementsAndDrafts.jpg
    MeasurementsAndDrafts.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom