Care of rubber gasket material.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron T

Vessel Name
Grand Yankee
Vessel Make
1981 49' Grand Banks Classic
All the rubber gasket tubing we find around our hatches and portholes must be cleaned and kept soft. What product do you use to clean and then coat to keep from aging ??

Try ArmorAll after cleaning. They also sell an all purpose cleaner.

303 Protectant...much better than Armorall

Protectant

Silicone in a liquid form, it will not deteriorate the rubber. It's perfect for plastic or nylon bushings too!

303 protectant is the best stuff i have found. I have used silicone and also, white lithium grease. the grease is a little messy sprayed on a rag works well too

303 is the best I have found. Also used it on a dark blue gelcoat stripe and sails in the old days of sailing.....

"What ..do you use to .. keep from aging ??"

Like trying to hold back the tide. Good luck!

Thanks for the info on 303. I will go get a bottle. When I called the manufacturers, I could not get any info. No advice given. One rep. said their legal dept. said not to give advice. Only installation info. Thanks again.

Have use AP 303 for years with very good results. High-end helm seat manufactures recommend it for their vinyl as well. It is also like sunscreen for fiberglass.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Also..if you know anyone with a Port Supply Card, you can get it much cheaper at WM!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom