Canvas Work - New Bern, NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SlowsailNC

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Miss Deb
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37
Hi,

Does anyone have recommendations for canvas work (specifically a new dinghy cover) in the New Bern or Oriental, NC area?

The one name that I have is A&J Canvas so if anyone has comments on them i would appreciate hearing them.

Thanks,

SlowsailNC
Raleigh, NC

What kind of dinghy? You might want to check with the folks at boatcoversdirect.com. who has an extremely wide assortment of boat-specific covers. They are in South Carolina. I bought a bimini for my Whaler and have been a happy owner of it, with very heavy use, for over 8 years now. When one of the bows was damaged in accident, their after-the-sale service was excellent.

For my bigger canvas jobs in this area, I used Larry's Canvas in Atlantic Beach; I noticed his shop was still there when I went by Sunday, it's been a couple of years since I last used him for a bunch of upholstery and miscellaneous canvas work on my Hatteras. Super guy.

Yachtsman Canvas, Mariner Canvas, New Bern Canvas and Sail, Inner Banks Canvas (Oriental)... I have never heard of A&J

Don't forget Custom Canvas of New Bern too.

You may be able to buy a stock factory made cover for less than a custom made cover. Taylor is one brand.

Thanks for the replies.

The dinghy is an AB RIB, 9'6" with the bench seat and wheel steering.

Boat Covers Direct does not have a cover that fits but that was a good suggestion.

I plan on getting two prices - one from A&J. They are located in Vanceboro and do the canvas work for the Grady White factory and got recommendations on another site.

Also will contact New Bern Canvas based on recommendations here and from another source.

Gene

I have used Inner Banks (Mark and LuAnn) in Oriental. They did a complete enclosure for our Mainship. Absolutely excellent work. They have been a part of the boating community here for a long time and have a reputation for getting things done when promised.

Back
Top Bottom