Bottom Paint PNW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
I'm going up on the hard on Friday and am looking for ideas on bottom paint. The PO had a blister peel done, epoxy barrier coats and 2 coats of Petit Trinidad done, January 2013, prior to our purchase. We are freshwater moored in a slough on the Fraser River, light current. I suspect that fouling will be minimal, as we don't normally bring the boat into the ocean until after the barnacle "bloom" is over. Should I go with a hard paint or ablative? Note that Petit Trinidad is unavailable in Canada and I believe it is illegal for me to bring it into the country.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

I have always like InterLux. Give them a call and they will ask you some questions about your setup and location. They will then givea recommendation.

I use Hempel Olympic. Forget which number, 86950 likely. Hempel is a Danish paint which competes with International Paint in the shipping market, does not advertise much in the recreational market. I go 3 years easily. I haul for other reasons. Not paint.

Readily available in the lower mainland. Canadian office is in Surrey.

Comes in muddy red and black. Haven't seen any other colors, if that is an issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom