Big old fenders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FF

Guru
Eventually fenders start to leak or become disgusting to look at.

A box cutter and 2 o rope handles can recycle the dead fender into a tool box that is kinder to the boats interior when carried.

I love people who throw away their leaky fenders. Some brands have a life time warranty.

I'd pull them out of the trash and as long as someone hadn't used a box cutter on them in most cases I could turn them in and get a brand new one of the same size and style.

I have a fender that has a small hole in it. Can they be "welded" somehow to patch the leak?

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

I had one that was like new with a pin hole in it that I thought would be honored by the life time warranty. Wrong, the warranty only covers failure to hold air from abrasion. Never found a way to fix the pin hole, tried several glues/adhesives without any luck.

Maybe something like a tire plug....a lot more pressure than a fender but a lot less meat.

I love people who throw away their leaky fenders. Some brands have a life time warranty.

I'd pull them out of the trash and as long as someone hadn't used a box cutter on them in most cases I could turn them in and get a brand new one of the same size and style.

You are correct. Most quality fenders do have a lifetime warranty. Regardless of how they look.
You don't get new because
You didn't ask.

Eventually fenders start to leak or become disgusting to look at.

A box cutter and 2 o rope handles can recycle the dead fender into a tool box that is kinder to the boats interior when carried.

I would like to see a picture of this fender tool box of yours.

Maybe an injectable tire sealant would work, if you can figure out how using the inflator needle.

The deflated fender I hang of the teak swim deck to protect when the dink or ru the about are tied on the stern. The ugly fender is used as a permanent dock fender which get growth on it making its more ugly.

As long as they don't leak, I take the ugly dumpster finds and the wife makes white terry cloth covers.
They are great for the locks.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom