Basic question...deck carpet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baker

TF Site Team/Forum Founder
Site Team
Vessel Name
Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Make
Meridian 411
Okay...I have never used a rug/carpet on the deck. The boat I just bought has them and are in good condition. The problem I am having is that they have been stored rolled up for quite some time. And when spread out to snap them into place, I come up short. Compounding the problem is the fact that there is no way to do this without actually standing on the carpet that I am trying to stretch out....which leads to quite a funny display of jumping and stretching...while in the air between jumps!!!!! :banghead: :ermm: :lol:

What would be some tricks to help get this thing stretched out to reach their intended snaps??? The fly bridge ones are okay...only short on a snap or two. But I am not even close on the sundeck. It is hotter than he'll in Texas right now and I do have everything zipped up so it should be extremely warm in the middle of the day....which should help. What else?????

Rent a carpet stretcher would be my first play.

Attachments

• image-444244799.jpg
    image-444244799.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 80
Deck carpet???

I don't even have saloon carpet much less deck carpet.

Sounds like it would be a soggy mess.

Would it help to get is damp to aid in the stretching?

Contact marine carpet mfg's installer and ask questions, they must have run into this. Also, might be able to find answer on the net. :thumb:

Maybe there is some sort of liquid could be sprayed on the carpet that assists it to stretch. :D

Just Thinken! :dance:

before moving the snaps to get it down investigate soundown or other sources for silencing carpet underlayment.

A great addition if you like quiet.

I thought this as well. Maybe so. It has been cooking n the Texas heat for the past few days. I am on a trip and I will try it again when I get home. Maybe try different snap sequences as well. It is actually very well made carpet with a thick rubber backing.

Ok I'm new here.Which one of you is Baker?

Thanks ,that's what I thought just wasn't sure.

Ok I'm new here.Which one of you is Baker?

Aqui!!!!!.....if you're referring to my avatar....I am the guy that is NOT Jimmy Buffet!

Last edited:
Sorry, my mistake .did not recognize him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom