Axe can drainage redneck fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knotyourwife

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Knot Your Wife
Vessel Make
Marine Trader
Brand New Trawler owner here, and in the process of chasing where my drip came from, I found that my fly bridge and galley ceiling needed replacement-not what I wanted to hear but instead putting a band aid on it, I needed to put those big girl pants on and do it right. Terrifying. When they pulled apart the rotting wood they found two mens body spray cans cut down to 1/4 of the height with a long tube attached to drain water from the leak to the back over the aft cab. It was all clogged and full of gunk so obviously not draining anything and water was pooled in there. I just cant believe this was someones idea of a fix.
F7oGuAJ.jpg

Last edited:
I guess they could not figure out where the water was coming from so they just redirected it. It must have worked for a while.

Welcome back! Your first post is still going strong, but you were holding at 2 posts for a while there. Keep 'em coming, we all like to re-live the joys of finding dumb PO stuff on boats. I just recently came across this "as bought" photo of the waste hose from my forward head. That's a red radiator hose from NAPA, painted white.
4339-albums438-picture5509.jpg

Welcome aboard. Well PO are good for a laugh except when it really creates a problem. Hope you get it fixed and put some photos up...

I have not got that far yet, I have had no roof for 3 days, once things settle down we will be having a conversation.

Unbelievable that someone has used a body spray can in a situation like this - everyone knows that they should of used a beer can!!!. No, it’s not fair that people do things like this and cause more damage for the next guy . You never know, maybe the PO paid to get it fixed and unbeknown to them paid some rocket scientist to come up with this little pearler. Sorry to hear that it has fallen in lap to put right but you’ll have a better boat at the end of it.

I find it to be a innovative way to try to fix an issue, and even if it did not work to fix it at the end it made us laugh so not everything is lost!

L

Back
Top Bottom