Area carpets over wood floors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone use I-O carpet over the fiberglass in their cockpit area? It's (obviously) supposed to be able to be used outside but after one of our infrequent rains here in San Diego, it seemed it stayed pretty wet even several days later.

I have a "porch and patio" rated carpet outside and it's awesome. Not only do they come in decent colors and patterns, but it drys very quickly and after 4 seasons in the sun it hasn't faded.

Ken

Do not, repeat with emphasis, DO NOT glue down the underpad, or you will be cursed as the “PO From Hell by a future owner...
IMG_1125.JPG

They recommended Durahold Rug Pads. Expensive but they said it was the best. Maybe he’ll pipe in. We may try it under a “test” rug to see if we have the same success.

https://duraholdrugpads.com/

Larry: I’m not sure, but I think that’s what we have under our carpet which lies atop the engine room hatches. It doesn’t walk around. IMG_1187.jpg

Jim

Larry: I’m not sure, but I think that’s what we have under our carpet which lies atop the engine room hatches. It doesn’t walk around. View attachment 84597Jim
That looks very much like a Sue Coleman wildlife and traditional art painting transformed into a carpet.

Gatehopper,
I have floor paint on my plywood floors and can’t see what all the carpet fuss is about. I like the green color of the floor paint. Floor paint is non-marine latex. Because it’s floor paint it wears like iron.

I went this route and have been considering carpet again. I have a vacuum on the boat and find that easier than sweeping.

My engine is also in the saloon so it helps keep the noise down.

Wife doesn't like the look so it'll be a cold day in hell that I go back. I'm using seadek knockoff and while it looks/feels good the channels grab every piece of dirt and trap it.. Gotta go. I need a long/narrow rug/runner that doesn't need to be tucked into the couch legs but i've been unable to find the right size(probably have to get it made).

If it looks wonky its because I did just about zero prep.

qYGlu85m.jpg

All that being said this stuff is cheap, foam and very nonskid.. Would make a great underlayment for carpet. $150 did my whole interior.

Carpet has some advantages. It is warmer on bare feet in the winter, acts as an additional sound shield, increases insulation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom