Advice on good Hyperlon glue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy G

Hospitality Officer
Vessel Name
Sarawana
Vessel Make
IG 36 Quad Cabin
I plan to do some TLC on my Hyperlon RIB. The webbing straps have rotted away I'm about to replace them & need some really good glue to fasten the new straps.

Appreciate any recommendations and hints, from those who have gone before.

Cheers,

Andy

I used,though not for this, a polyurethane glue I got at Bunnings. Only problem is slow setting, and may need light clamping of the job.

I plan to do some TLC on my Hyperlon RIB. The webbing straps have rotted away I'm about to replace them & need some really good glue to fasten the new straps.

Appreciate any recommendations and hints, from those who have gone before.

Cheers,

Andy

Hello.go to youtube.punch in hypolone nrs.nrs is the company.they will show you videos a real help.products are alittle pricey but worth I t.the supply it all.I spent 200.included a lot of patch material.glues.I also got the a and b interior glue s witch all worked great.scary but watch the video then go for it.I added the recomended accellerant.so I kicked quickly.appied 3coats in 2 m ok n.intervals was a quick deal.hasn'tleaked at all.good luck.ron capt.wrong way

I have used them all...and the really good ones really work in the perfect world...

I found regular old contact cement to work fine on my Avons for the last 35 years...that patches may start to curl up after several years...but I have seen the same with the really good glues too. So spending a fortune on glue that still depends on the cleanliness of the fabric as well as your preparation...only to last "maybe" longer than a decent contact cement patch...I could never justify it.

Have always used the two part glues although they are expensive they have stuck well and lasted.

My personal experience has been that many of these hypalon glues have a short shelf life, sometimes only a year. I know a raft outfitter who throws all his hypalon glues away every year and buys new glue yearly for his raft rentals. I don't think you want them to ever freeze and if using them in a hot humid climate the glues need an accelerator added so the set up faster. These glues are really a type of contact cement.

Back
Top Bottom