Old 09-02-2016, 05:26 AM   #21
City: Saint John
Vessel Name: Ex Squiggles, current Goin Baroque...soon to be???
Vessel Model: 1979 Mainship 34 MKI
So the verdict in my opinion is it was a success. The roof is solid, does not leak(it did before). The next one (Ha) will be a little different. Plan on keeping her in the water until Nov, next project ....Suggestions anyone?

mgardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:08 AM   #22
City: Fort Pierce
Vessel Name: Florita Ann
Vessel Model: 1982 Present
Congratulations on completion of the bridge deck. Usually the biggest dragon to slay!

Have you streamlined the keel to prop to stop the captivation there? You will pick up 50 RPM or so. Have you ripped out the monkey fur in the v berth and recovered. Have you upgraded the electrical system? Bow deck area, near rails soft spots often appear. A boat this old often has headliner issues. Often the cockpit deck sags under the sliding glass door and needs attention.

There...any one of the above are more can keep you entertained if needed. Those 34's are tough boats, very sea worthy. Usually you can stay busy working on one, or not.

Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:39 PM   #23
Omg, Our vintage Mainships are the easiest boats to work! Just keep at it a piece at a time, No worries about the next project, she will announce it! LOUD and CLEAR! Been at my "82" since 95 but damn, were a pair now. But.. If I were looking for a easy project, it would be to put in a beam under the sliding door supported by posts vertically between the doors and the stringers-- I'd love to be a fly on the wall to understand why it was built cantilevered.

Chris K is offline   Reply With Quote