1991 GB 36 Classic Holding Tank Replacxement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImaBoat

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Slow Mo
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36 Classic
Hi all-

I have a 1991 GB 36 Classic. Build# 954.

I am having the Generator replaced next month. When the old Generator is out and prior to installation of new generator I am going to replace the waste holding tank.

My questions are: Does anyone know the dimensions of the tank, if you have replaced the tank where did you purchase, and if you have purchased a replacement, what was it construction material?

Thank you,

Stew
Slow Mo

Is your 36 single or twin screw? In my single it is supposedly 40 gallons although I have never measured to confirm. It is plastic or the like. If you search this forum Using “tank” you will learn more on the subject than you ever wanted to know. Including tank recommendation. Ronco tanks seem to be well thought of.

Replace mine in my GB42. Used to be fiberglass - 40 gallons. Replaced it with a Ronco poly tank at 42 gallons. Should have gone up to 50 just for convenience. Ronco is a great product at a good value.

Ronco Plastics Ronco Plastics marine Tanks (no relation to the VegoMatic Ronco) is your best source for a tank. They make TOP quality thick-walled water and waste tanks for a very reasonable price and have more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular, and they install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank.

You'll have to remove the tank to replace it. Any reason why you can't measure it while it's out? And btw, this presents an excellent opporunity to upgrade the vent to 1" and place fittings where they should be instead of where the boat builder put 'em.

-Peggie

Last edited:
Thank you all for your response!

BTW it is a twin engine.

Thanks again!
Stew
Slow Mo

Ronco Plastics Ronco Plastics marine Tanks (no relation to the VegoMatic Ronco) is your best source for a tank. They make TOP quality thick-walled water and waste tanks for a very reasonable price and have more than 400 shapes and sizes, over 100 of which are non-rectangular, and they install fittings in the sizes and locations specified by the customer when they make the tank.

You'll have to remove the tank to replace it. Any reason why you can't measure it while it's out? And btw, this presents an excellent opporunity to upgrade the vent to 1" and place fittings where they should be instead of where the boat builder put 'em.

-Peggie

I wanted to have it ready for install the day the generator is pulled so I do not hold up the install of the generator.

Stew

Back
Top Bottom