What type of water line?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ended up using reinforced hose to tap into the fresh water supply line in the engine room. The wash down pump is rated at 7.5 GPM, plenty of strength for the muddy anchor. The house pump is 5.0 GPM.

Love Pex. I think it's plumbing's greatest entry since the toilet. For one, After investing in the tool , Pex is neat, compact and solid. Connections never let go. And it's dirt cheap, especially If you order online (pexuniverse.com,supplyhouse.com). Poly fittings are fine, with no de-zinc issues. I use it wherever I can including oil drain lines. I mention the tool because I use the more expensive $60 ratcheting one that can be operated one-handed. It has a blue light that signals a "go " crimp.
Recently I inspected old covered hose runs to both AC units. Yuk. Semitransparent hose grows algae. Worse, I found spots where the hose kinked over time especially around/through bulkheads. Replaced with Pex, The flow increase is "bigly ", plus it's so much prettier and half the size of hose in OD.
Unlike hose, with a frustrating delta in actual ID, OD and wall, All Pex is uniform and super easy to work with. Make a mistake? Just cut it out and redo it. An $8 heat gun from HF makes it even better, easier bending, kink fixing, and even punch flaring to fit existing nipples like an overflow tank. And by the way, in addition to making smart shrink connections. That $8 wonder is also a great hose removal tool. Speaking of great tools, your chest should include a good pvc cutter. Beats hacking and slicing old stuck hoses.
By sticking a dowel rod inside Pex, and a galvanized plumbing flange, I now have pick-up points at railing level for lines and power. The Admiral likey . More? Pex is a great rub rail for piling or dock at a fraction of the price . OK I'll stop now before my trawler madness shows.

Back
Top Bottom