Webasto AC Control Panel Unresponsive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gdavid

Guru
Vessel Name
Graceland
Vessel Make
Mainship 34 MK1
The control panel for the Webasto/FCF AC unit is very finicky and at times completely unresponsive. I don't have the model number handy. The boat came with a wireless remote for the system and it works a bit better than the panel but is still hit or miss. At times I can turn the set point down but not back up or it will only turn on using the remote. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?, figured I would ask before chasing after loose connections.

Call Sure Marine in Seattle. They will solve your problem and probably simply.

Built in time delay? That is a pretty common reason people don't understand controllers on equipment as things have become more and more electronic. Don't know about Wabasto but a 5 minite time delay can seem like eternity when you are staring at the damn thing on the wall /bulkhead
"on" = wait
"off" = wait.
old school
on = on
off = off
Jus sayin

Edit; I found this
https://youtu.be/13cRPyN6LLY

Last edited:
I have 3 of the units. My understanding is that the remote sends a signal to the display unit to change a parameter. Simply, if the remote works when the display key pad doesn't, it ain't loose wires between the display and the control box, it's more likely in the display key pad. I use the remote almost exclusively as it's more responsive. Might try changing the batteries in your remote.

Ted

Thank you all. Changing the batteries in the remote sounds like a good simple start. The previous owner reported that it was more responsive to the remote. Last time I was messing with it I could turn the set point down but not up, so I would press up to no avail and then press down again to see if that still worked, which it would but like a simpleton I repeated the process till I had it set 5 degrees cooler than it started with and I had wanted to move it up in the first place. It seems to reset to a default after being off for some period of time but I would like to have it working right.

Back
Top Bottom