Watermaker manual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pau Hana

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Pau Hana
Vessel Make
1989 PT52 Overseas Yachtfisher
Hi, all- I scored (I think) and did some horse trading for a Village Marine watermaker! I know I have to go thru it, and I'm looking for the manual or any identifying info. See attached photo.

If you have one, some photos of the plumbing in the frame would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3705.jpg
    IMG_3705.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 73
No model number on the unit- just Village Marine decals with he old address and phone number. I could not find a serial number or build year on the unit. I have talked to Village Marine- since they were acquired by Parker, there's not a lot of knowledge base they can offer on the watermaker.

It does have a Cat Model 237 high pressure pump.

Can you post some pictures of the plumbing in the frame?

Most all of these water makers are plumbed the same.

What exactly are you trying to find out?

We have a VM water maker and had good technical help from the San Diego office. I'd also check with the Portsmouth, VA office. Both offices did a lot of service with the VM military contracts. Who knows, you might get lucky and find a tech who's been around for awhile.

I found this on the CF.

"I have a 7 year old Village Marine Watermaker and recommend a company in Seattle called SeaWater Systems. The owner (Ken) is one of the old managers of Village Marine and they specialize in just watermakers. He has worked on our boat and would consider him a good resource for parts and service. In addition, he was the actually person who installed the watermaker on our boat for the previous owner."

Might give them a call if they are still around.

Attachments

• IMG_3719.jpg
    IMG_3719.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3716.jpg
    IMG_3716.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3694.jpg
    IMG_3694.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3696.jpg
    IMG_3696.jpg