Old 06-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #1

City: Salem, Oregon
Vessel Name: My Lady
Vessel Model: Formosa 42 Double Cabin
Water pressure solution?

My Lady, 42' double cabin Formosa Trawler, is getting there! Had fuel polished and interiors of tanks cleaned for 1 BU. Forward air conditioner repaired for $862. New bottom paint and zincs. Just purchased over $500 of ipe to replace rotten mast and rotten bow pulpit. However!

Water pressure is great in both head sinks both hot and cold, as well as tub/shower, (very little water will come out of the shower head when switched however) galley sink dribbles... if any other source is on. I'd like to replace the old two handle shower fixture and do whatever I need to do to get decent pressure in the galley sink. Any suggestions??

Bob and Vic in Goodland, Florida. Hoping to cruise soon.
Bigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
My Lady, 42' double cabin Formosa Trawler, is getting there! Had fuel polished and interiors of tanks cleaned for 1 BU. Forward air conditioner repaired for $862. New bottom paint and zincs. Just purchased over $500 of ipe to replace rotten mast and rotten bow pulpit. However!

Water pressure is great in both head sinks both hot and cold, as well as tub/shower, (very little water will come out of the shower head when switched however) galley sink dribbles... if any other source is on. I'd like to replace the old two handle shower fixture and do whatever I need to do to get decent pressure in the galley sink. Any suggestions??

Bob and Vic in Goodland, Florida. Hoping to cruise soon.
Yes, when you have multi faucets on the water volume will be reduced as most water bumps are on 30 psi compared to 60+ psi dock. If one sink is does not have the flow its probable the screen in the faucet. Its like the AC electric there is a limit!
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
if you have good pressure out of 2 fixtures sound like the need their screens/orifices cleaned is all.

I used a pullout sprayer type from Lowes as a galley faucet as I couldn't stand the old one and had this one on hand from a house remodel.

Sure the shower cutoff button isn't partially pushed/turned? If you still need to replace it...check RV suppliers too. I got my forward head replaced with a lookalike chromed plastic with integral shower takeoff for $19.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #4

City: Salem, Oregon
Vessel Name: My Lady
Vessel Model: Formosa 42 Double Cabin
$19? I didn't think you could buy anything for $19 any more,,,
Bigfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #5

City: N. Kingstown, R.I.
Vessel Name: Harmony
Vessel Model: 36' sabreline fast trawler
Ditto, 19.99