Wagner 700 Series Documents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wagmore

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
N/A
Vessel Make
N/A
While installing an autopilot and subsequently troubleshooting a steering problem, I had need to get quite familiar with the discontinued Wagner 700 Series helm pump and actuator.

For the benefit of anyone else looking, I've attached a number of Wagner documents obtained here and elsewhere for these components.

Also - while I only needed to replace the actuator (corroded beyond repair), I discovered the SeaFirst line of helm pumps and actuators over at Seaboard Marine. The actuator I picked up was the closest match I could find to the Wagner 700-0026 (1 1/4", 7" throw), with the mounting base only being about 2-3" farther out than the Wagner. Everything else I looked at with the same specs had a substantially larger footprint, requiring significant work to mount in my case.

And, while I didn't end up needing it - an even closer match to the Wagner 701/702 helm pump appears to be the SeaFirst SHP-035. It has nearly identical displacement (1.95 vs. 2.0 cubic inches/revolution), and based on measurements I took and the line drawings it looks to be an easy drop-in replacement for the Wagner. The mounting hole would need to be enlarged slightly...far easier than dealing with an existing hole that's too big.

I've not seen the Seafirst helm pump, but the quality on the SeaFirst actuator looks top notch. No aluminum, bronze/brass/stainless and very beefy. It comes with several inserts on the heim joint to match whatever bolt size might currently exist going through your tiller arm. It looks to be much nicer quality than the typical Seastar/Teleflex rams I've seen without spending much more.

Hope the above is helpful.

Attachments

• Wagner700SeriesCylinderSpecifications.pdf
    354.5 KB · Views: 200
  • Wagner700HelmPumpSpecifications.pdf
    323.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Wagner700HelmPumpInstallation.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 194
  • Wagner700Installation.pdf
    353.7 KB · Views: 175

Latest posts

Back