Vitrifrigo freezer/fridge freon recharge capability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Hughes

Vessel Make
Cobalt 246
We had our Cruiseaire AC units recharged recently and because our Vitrifrigo drawer units were not cooling quite enough, we had the man look at recharging that unit as well. He pulled it out and said that the unit is not rechargeable. Does that sound like it makes sense? What kind of $3200 fridge can't be recharged ? I've searched the web but can't find anything. Any ideas out there? Thanks!

David Hughes
2009 Leopard 37 Powercat
Cape Coral, FL

We have a Vitrifrigo on our '86 boat, it's upright with the freezer compartment on top, and it has a charging port.

We had our Cruiseaire AC units recharged recently and because our Vitrifrigo drawer units were not cooling quite enough, we had the man look at recharging that unit as well. He pulled it out and said that the unit is not rechargeable. Does that sound like it makes sense? What kind of $3200 fridge can't be recharged ? I've searched the web but can't find anything. Any ideas out there? Thanks!

David Hughes
2009 Leopard 37 Powercat
Cape Coral, FL

I know it's the weekend but I can not help but wonder if a call to Vitrifrigo would not be the best way to answer your question...
Bruce

Some of the newer small compressors don't have charging ports...to service a unit...one has to be added and is discussed in the manual.

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

The only hassle with charging a Danfoss system is good skills are required.

The entire system holds a tiny charge , so after evacuation is is difficult to measure such a small amount.

If the service guy comes with a fisherman spring scale and a bottle of freon,dont bother.

If he comes with an electronic scale , welcome a pro aboard..

The only hassle with charging a Danfoss system is good skills are required.

The entire system holds a tiny charge , so after evacuation is is difficult to measure such a small amount.

If the service guy comes with a fisherman spring scale and a bottle of freon,dont bother.

If he comes with an electronic scale , welcome a pro aboard..

Yup. Our Danfoss BD50F compressor on our freezer, the charge is 4.5 oz of 134A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom