Valve stem ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meridian

Guru
Vessel Name
Meridian
Vessel Make
Krogen-42
Can anyone ID this valve stem? It is off the shower on my '83 Albin. The end has a rubber cap that can be replaced but I haven't found anything.

Attachments

• Faucet stem 11-9-13.jpg
    Faucet stem 11-9-13.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 212
Thanks, but it was not listed. The stem is 2".

Great link, Craig. I was able to take mine to the local Ace Hardware store to match it up. Maybe a local plumbing supply store can point you in the right direction.

I've had to make washers for my "88"...including the diverter...I can find stuff close...but not exact....

I've nursed the shower along for a year and a half now...just ordered enough pex and fitting to redo my whole water system so I bought a new shower assembly too...just can't fight foreign and obsolete parts anymore...drives me crazy when on a 4 month cruise.

Terry you may find, as psneeld has already concluded, that you are SOL. Many short run specialty faucets farm out stem production to somebody else often copying existing designs. Some companies built it all in house and where in such limited use as to not be feasible for third party suppliers to stock.

http://deabath.com/index.html
Is the last best chance to get what you want but be prepared as their services do not come cheap. Bathroom Machineries is a small custom shop in Murphy's CA that I was shocked to find now has a website. They've been around forever and can most likely refit or recast and machine new stems for you. If you go this route send the entire faucet and they'll bench test it before shipping it back in brand new condition.

No business connection to these guys but I've used their stuff for two decades in high end restoration jobs and never disappointed. But like I said, they ain't cheap. If you can find a replacement faucet that you like as psneeld has it will be cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom