VacuFlush toilet problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willp

Hello everyone, this is my first post as I am a new member! My parents just purchased a 1997 47' Sabreline which has been amazing this summer so far. We went on a day trip yesterday and came across some troubles with the vacuflush system in the forward head. For some reason the pump stopped working while someone was using it. Has anyone heard of a problem like this before? Do the pumps stop working altogether if there is a blockage in the pipes? any help regarding this would be great!

Typically the pump stops working when it reaches the cutoff vacuum pressure. There could be a blockage, or I think it might also be possible that a duckbill valve became inverted (I'm not an expert).

I had a blockage once and it simply went away the next day after the...blocking material...had a chance to soak overnight. I had another blockage that was released by poking the bottom of the bowl with a screwdriver - there was some splashing and it was an very un-fun experience.

Check breakers / fuses? There might be one you don't know about.

thanks a lot for the help. my dad and i went down the next day with a shop vac and fixed the 'problem' it turned out that there was a blockage in the duck bill valve which was easily fixed. I guess we have gained some new appreciation for the courtesy flush!

A common occurance with Vacuflush: Any debris (especially a small piece of toilet tissue) stuck between the diaphragm and seal will prevent the pump from shutting off or will cause it to run frequently.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom