Vacu flush problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One more thing there is no vent line filtre.

Holy mackeral that's a whole big lot of equipment and connections and points of failure just to flush a toilet. Safe the space, ditch that Vaculflush and get an electric Marina Elegance toilet. Two hoses, a fresh-water supply hose, a discharge hose, and a push button to send the poop on its way. Low maintenance and refreshingly easy to service every 5 or 10 years.

I agree completely. The Marine Elegance is the way to go. Think of all the extra room you would get and not have to deal with all the vacuum leaks, etc.

So you think I should install the vent well above the water line with a new thru hull fitting?

I wouldn't have recommended doing it if I didn't. There's good reason for it, explained in detail in the "holding tank odor--odor out the vent" chapter in my book (see link in my signature).

--Peggie

Suckcess! Thanks to all for your input,especially Peggie.
I installed a new thru hull about 13 inches above the water line,left it for two days and
every thing in the system works perfectly,one question,should I add an inline filtre to the system,or just leave well enough alone. Cheers

If you are referring to the vent hose, don’t put a filter in it. It will stop the flow of air into the tank and you do want air in the tank.

Even better if you can put a second vent to the opposite side of the boat so air will flow through the holding tank. Aerobic bacteria is your friend, anaerobic bacteria is the bad guy that stinks baldy. So the more air you can get into the tank the better.

Leave well enough alone...filters actually help to create the very problem they're sold to cure. Use NoFlex Digestor Noflex Digestor in the tank.

--Peggie

Thanks Peggie,we just purchased some.

Your macerator is not pumping out your tank if. you tried pumping it through the deck option it is not working there's a blockage in the air flow at some point even though that's pushing fluid out the vent fitting on the hall it's not getting enough air. Level indicator is faulty and your tank is full .pull the hose off the vent fitting on your holding tank and try pumping it out without the hose on it .make sure the tank vent fitting is clear and not blocked.

A vacuflush vacuum system is basically two separate systems. it has nothing to do with your pump out part of your system. the only common function that will affect a vacuflush system is when the holding tank vent is blocked which will give two or three different symptoms .but my guess is the holding tank is full .it's not pumping out when you think it is.

My apologies I did not notice the second page .but it's always air flow problem if you get waste coming out to vent through hull. Or the tank is full

Thanks for your input Vactech,We have remidied the problem as I stated in thread #34.
We were cruising for a week up the coast and had no problems,knock on wood.
Thanks again.

Mistress,
I am new to a vacuflush Burt have experience enough to know more knowledge is needed. Please send me Vacuflush 101.
Lynn
M/v meander
Mckranz@gmail.com

Another related question on VacuFlush. Here is what is happening: I went down to boat this morning after letting it sit for month or so. Water holding tank is about 3/4 full. Went to put water into toilet to use, but rec'd a little water and lots of air instead r, same from when running sink faucet, as well as bow wash line, and stern wash line. I filled water tank with garden hose while wash lines and sink are running, and they quickly begin putting out water, and then I can fill toilet with water too. I seem to be getting air in the system - is that possible, how?? Why would the water pump run, but not be able to put water into toilet if tank is 3/4 full? Flushes fine otherwise. I don't see leaks anywhere. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom